Freelance Software Developer
Sep 2019 - Present
HTML, CSS) to back end (Scala, Elixir), to systems (C++, Rust), to mobile (iOS, Android).
Senior Software Engineer at Substratum
Apr 2018 - Sep 2019
- Worked on an open-source cross-platform Rust program designed to fight censorship by encrypting
traffic and routing through a decentralized network.
- Helped design and deploy an Ethereum smart contract to represent the utility token that will fuel
Mobile Developer at Pillar Technology
Mar 2015 - Apr 2018
- Technical Lead for the team that developed the customer-facing iOS app for American Electric Power -
branded and customized for each of its subsidiary operating companies.
- Automated testing and deployment to ensure the ability to maintain a rapid release cadence.
- Worked closely with the user experience team along with feedback from users to create an enjoyable,
- Worked with a loyalty marketing services company to bring quality mobile development in-house.
- Developed a multi-platform (Android and iOS) functional test suite to ensure consistency across
- Created a continuous delivery pipeline to be able to release beta apps instantly after code commit
and fully passing automated tests.
- Developed a modular, maintainable, customizable iOS private label credit card services plugin for
delivering to client retailers for inclusion in their retail mobile apps.
Software Developer at Pillar Technology
Apr 2014 - Mar 2015
- Test driven C++ on embedded systems for a large heavy equipment company.
- Enhanced the capabilities of the on-board system to automate fine-grained control over tasks based
on what has already been done on previous runs.
Software Developer at The Auditor of State of Ohio | UAN
Feb 2012 - Apr 2014
- Uniform Accounting Network software development (Windows Forms).
- Contributed to the development of the newest release of the UAN accounting and payroll software
(VB.NET and T-SQL stored procedures) with new features such as concurrent users and a dedicated
- Designed software using VB.NET and Test Driven Development with NSpec and C# to migrate data and
settings for client hardware upgrades to streamline the process as much as possible for remote users
and reduce potential support line call volume.
Web Developer at The Auditor of State of Ohio
Aug 2007 - Feb 2012
- Web application development in ASP.NET and T-SQL for internal and external use.
- Created a web application to capture audit data, reduce data entry, streamline the audit release
workflow, and allow queries and tracking.
- Created a web application to streamline the process of transferring paper audits from regional
offices to headquarters to be digitized.
- Created web registration applications for seminars hosted by the Auditor of State to keep track of
sign ups, payment status, and session choices.
- Assessed the Auditor of State website for 508 accessibility compliance and made adjustments where
Network Administrator at The Ohio State University
Sep 2004 - Aug 2007